Part 2: Culture Facilitates Results
Forbes Magazine wrote the 3 reasons why positive work cultures are more productive for business:
1. Positive work cultures encourage happier employees.
When someone dreads going into work:
• They drag their feet all day
• Constantly watch the clock
• Do the bare minimum
• Do not go above and beyond
• Do not show interest in personal/professional growth
When someone is EXCITED to be a part of a positive culture :
• They’re happier with their jobs
• They are more likely to exceed expectations
• The entire office gets more done
• Staff retention
2. Positive work cultures promote collaboration.
In a positive work environment:
• Employees will feel encouraged to get to know their coworkers and team members
• Collaboration is a huge part of creating a productive work environment
• Team works faster and more efficient
• Collaboration ensures everything is moving smoothly
3. Positive work cultures inspire creativity.
• A positive work culture encourages team members in every level and position to invest in tasks and projects they’re working on
• A positive work culture allows team members to feel safe in sharing ideas and solving problems. And...
• Fresh perspectives are always important for being productive!
Let’s break this down to what this means for YOU! Culture facilitates results, good OR bad! So many times, I observe team members that are un-invested, sad, unmotivated and just going through the motions or doctors that are so discouraged with their team and the culture in their practice and just don’t know what to do. They feel they’ve tried everything and just cannot seem to turn things around.
**REMEMBER: the culture (good or bad) is what seeps outward as your reputation within the community. A positive work culture encourages team members in every level and position to invest in tasks and projects they’re working on.